A Man of the World

Forums

Forum Home > Tom Sharkey Discussion > Sharkey Career Replay

Mark Moe
Site Owner

My Tom Sharkey career replay is underway with the result of his pro debut posted.  Check it out by clicking on the "Career Replay" link on the left side of the page. 

I hope everyone enjoys it.

Thanks,

Mark

March 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

The result of Sailor Tom's second fight is now posted on the Career Replay page.

Mark

March 16, 2010 at 2:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kckid4u

Looks like your stats are falling right in line with his real life stats.

March 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

kckid4u at 04:12PM on Mar 16, 2010

Looks like your stats are falling right in line with his real life stats.

Yeah.... Tom's first two opponents of the replay have fallen in the exact same round as they did in real life.  I'm sure there's a certain amount of luck and/or coincidence involved with that.... but I think it's also a testament to the accuracy of the ratings of these early opponents as done by Dean over at the TBCB forums.  For that matter, I think it also reflects the accuracy of the official Tom Sharkey rating, which was done, by the way, by our very own site member boxingjones (Mark).  He's "IceTea" over at the TBCB community.  I know he puts hours of research and playtesting into each rating.  To get an idea of how much time and work he puts into this game, just click on this link:

http://tbdata.ootpdevelopments.com/changelist.php

Thanks for following along with my replay.

Mark

March 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

The result of Tom's 3rd fight is now posted on the Career Replay page.

March 17, 2010 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

The result of Sailor Tom's 4th fight is now posted on the Career Replay page.  This was a pretty interesting fight. 

March 18, 2010 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Fight #5 is in the books.  Has Sharkey remained undefeated?  Check out the Career Replay page to find out. 

March 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

The outcome of Sailor Tom's 6th professional bout is now recorded at the Career Replay page.  Wanna read about a slaughter?  Check it out!

March 20, 2010 at 3:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Check out the result of Sharkey's 8th professional bout verses Rough Thompson.  Was Thompson able to end Sailor Tom's undefeated streak?  Check it out on the Career Replay page (page 2).

March 24, 2010 at 5:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Just 14 days after their first fight, Tom Sharkey and Rough Thompson engaged in a rematch.  Check out the result on the Career Replay page (page 2).

March 26, 2010 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rasmuth

Can't wait for the Burley fight....should be a good test for Sharkey.

March 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Rasmuth at 12:18PM on Mar 26, 2010

Can't wait for the Burley fight....should be a good test for Sharkey.

Yeah...definitely will be a test.  With a hitting power rating of 10 and all those 3 point punches, Burley certainly is a very dangerous opponent.  He's even rated a little better than Sharkey in punching accuracy.  Sharkey's main advantages are his aggression and his granite chin.  I have a feeling I'll be holding my breath during this one.

Thanks again for following along.

Mark

March 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Tom Sharkey vs Nick Burley was a real war!

Check out the Career Replay page (page 2) to find out if Sailor Tom passed the first major test of his fighting career.

March 27, 2010 at 3:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kckid4u

Looking good Mark.

March 27, 2010 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

kckid4u at 10:42PM on Mar 27, 2010

Looking good Mark.

Thanks.  It's been a lot of fun so far.  Sharkey's style of fighting always makes for great fights to watch. 

March 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

It's kind of ironic that Tom Sharkey faced an opponent named George Washington on Independence Day (July 4th, 1894).

Read about the result on the Career Replay page (page 2).

March 29, 2010 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

The result of Tom Sharkey's 12th professional bout verses Billy Tate is now posted on the Career Replay page (page 2).

March 31, 2010 at 1:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Just 3 days after the Billy Tate bout, Sharkey engaged in his 13th professional fight.  Would the number 13 prove to be a hard luck number for Sailor Tom? 

Find out on the Career Replay page (page 2). 

March 31, 2010 at 3:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Tom Sharkey's 14th professional bout verses Jack McAuley would prove to mark the end of a chapter in his fighting career.

Read all about it on the Career Replay page (page 2).

April 1, 2010 at 2:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Moe
Site Owner

Sailor Tom made his pugilistic debut in his new hometown of San Francisco, California.

Read all about it on the Career Replay page (page 3)

April 6, 2010 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.